Vanguard to unveil anticipated tripod, bag and optics collections at Photokina 2016
Vanguard, the global designer and maker of sporting optics and camera tripods and bags, is set to unveil new product collections and enhanced additions to its bestselling collections. Vanguard will showcase the new models at Photokina, the international imaging industry event to be held in Cologne, Germany on September 20-25.
“With Vanguard being both the designer and manufacturer, new product launches are always extraordinarily exciting for us, companywide,” said Anne Lee, Vanguard founder, and CEO. “But this year, we’re particularly eager to introduce our latest products. Inspired by feedback from photographers and outdoor enthusiasts around the world, our new products were created with the most research and our most advanced design and engineering programs yet. We’re continuing our commitment to creating affordable products with true innovation and experience-enhancing capabilities.”
Slated for debut at Photokina:
A dramatically-expanded popular awarded Alta collection:
- Alta Pro 2 tripods – The highly-anticipated second generation of the awarded, global-favorite Alta Pro collection marries the best features of the original Alta Pro tripod and heads with several new functionalities and greater loading capacity in a sleek, upgraded design.
- Alta Sky bags – Aiming to provide the ultimate gear-carrying and working solution for professional photographers, this collection offers a new level of versatility to match the constantly changing gear and personal needs on-location and on-the-go. Alta Sky Backpacks and Trolleys include all of Vanguard’s signature features, plus new innovations to match drone photography and much more.
- Alta Rise bags – Designed for on-the-go photography enthusiasts, Alta Rise is inspired by photographer feedback about the fast-action shooting, gear transition, workflow, security, and comfort. This collection includes messenger, sling, and backpacks, all of which offer two sizes in one with the revolutionary +6 expansion, which facilitates more storage room “for your life” whenever needed.
- Alta Action bags – Alta Pro tripods get a partner for life with this new collection, custom designed for the Alta line. Alta Action bags deliver reliable protection with quick access to gear and securely-attached tripods. More than just great tripod carrying solutions, these bags are designed to support a full Alta Experience; featuring the Alta Link they offer a seamless workflow when carrying an Alta Pro tripod in an advanced Alta tripod bag connected to an Alta backpack.
New additions to the globe-trotting VEO collection for travel photographers
- VEO 2 tripod and ball/pan head additions – New, even-lighter VEO tripod models include all of the features such as its patented rapid central column rotation that put VEO on the travel photographer’s must-have list. Full-size VEO travel tripods easily set up and transition into exceptionally compact sizes for easy toting. The great portability does not sacrifice reliability. VEO tripods include Vanguard’s photographer-favorite features for greater holding capability and stability, including strong, tension-adjustable leg locks. Coupled with its great portability, these advanced design features generally reserved only for full-size, robust tripods, makes VEO one of the world’s only true travel tripods.
- VEO monopods – A travel photography solution with a lightweight design but with full tripod-esque features that ensure stability, no matter the weather conditions or terrain. There’s a VEO monopod for every need – with some models that double as walking sticks and a model with a three-leg, locking base when extra stability is needed.
- VEO Travel bags – Designed to complement the VEO tripods and monopods with a convenient carrying system, these bags include all the right features for travel photography. VEO bags include adjustable harnesses, several pockets, and removable compartments to hold everything on a day out shooting.
Broadened Endeavor collection for travelers, birders and nature enthusiasts
- Endeavor ED IV binoculars – These additions to the popular Endeavor ED collection combine the best features of the Endeavor ED II models such as premium Hoya© ED glass with new optical technology. Endeavor ED IV models include an advanced SK15 prism that minimizes internal reflections and light rays, resulting in increased edge-to-edge brightness and clarity. The IV models solidifies the Endeavor ED collection’s position as the best binoculars for the price points, industry-wide, across the globe. Available in 8 x 42 and 10 x 42 models.
- Endeavor bags – Inspired by feedback from serious birders and outdoor enthusiasts, Endeavor is available in a waist pack, shoulder bag, and backpack styles. Endeavor shares Vanguard pro photographer bag feature favorites but is specifically built for the unique needs of nature enthusiasts who spend hours out in the field. Endeavor bags enable the great organization and the ability to safely and comfortably carry more gear. All styles have impressive storage capacity from the essentials such as binoculars and a camera to a full set of equipment including a spotting scope, laptop PC, tripod, trekking pole and more.
Vanguard’s Endeavor HD spotting scopes will be on display for viewing at our space located at E-029 in Hall 4.
A milestone year
2016 is an exceptionally notable year for Vanguard, as it celebrates the launch of new products in its core categories and its 30-year anniversary.
When Anne Lee founded Vanguard in 1986, the company was an unknown manufacturer with a few simple tripod models with zero distribution channels. Today, it’s a beloved brand with products available in 76 countries. Throughout its three decades, Vanguard product development efforts were in sync with the imaging technology evolution. Company leaders also cite two-way communication with photographers, birders, and other product users as a primary reason Vanguard succeeded at becoming a leading brand in its highly-competitive industries.
Propelled by the introduction of products with pioneering features, Vanguard has earned hundreds of awards and hundreds of thousands of loyal brand fans throughout the world. The now-iconic Alta Pro is one of the world’s bestselling tripods of recent years. Alta Pro earned the recognition that’s commonly only associated with the mega imaging technology brands, picking up dozens of awards – from prestigious global organizations such as red dot and the Technical Image Press Association to respected magazines across several continents. Similarly, the Endeavor ED collection binoculars offered exceptional optical quality, rivaling the performance of century-old brands, but at affordable price points. Endeavor ED had a significant impact on optics industry standards and earned multiple awards from respected birding and outdoor publications for quality and reliability at affordable price points.
“We believe we’re doing more than creating and selling products,” said Anne Lee. “People around the world are relying on our products to better how they photograph or get closer to nature. They need reliability, innovation, and affordability. That fuels our drive. We look forward to the next 30 years and beyond.”
Vanguard remains a woman-owned and family-led business with full product life cycle ownership. The brand orchestrates every step of the product life cycle in its own facilities – from design to manufacturing and distribution to marketing. This enables industry-leading quality assurance processes and enables the brand to offer lifetime guarantees on some of its collections. Dealers and distributors appreciate the fast product availability that comes as a result of Vanguard being the manufacturer, eliminating third-party manufacturing issues. Product development is powered by some of the industry’s most accomplished photography accessory designers, including respected German engineering teams for tripods and Japanese and Israeli engineering teams for bags. Vanguard is run by its offices in the U.S., U.K., Luxembourg, Spain, Germany, Japan and Beijing with manufacturing in Vanguard-owned and operated facilities in China and Myanmar.
Media, industry analysts, and other Photokina attendees are invited to be among the first to check out the new-for-2016 products in the Vanguard space located at E-029 Hall 4
Now in its 30th year of business, VANGUARD and its award-winning camera accessories and sporting optics empower hundreds of thousands of photographers and outdoor enthusiasts around the world, every day. The brand’s photo-video tripods, ball heads, bags, binoculars, spotting scopes and riflescopes are available in 76 countries. As both the designer and the manufacturer, the brand is committed to listening to the brand’s fans about product needs and wants is the heart of the company’s success. The company invites photographers and outdoor enthusiasts to visit www.vanguardworld.com and to connect with the brand on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.